WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file which is downloaded on to the devices you use to access our website, such as your computer, tablet or smartphone. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier and the site name and some digits and numbers. Cookies are sent back to the website each time you re-visit it, enabling the website to retrieve and read the information held to “remember” you and /or your devices. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites. Information stored in cookies may be encrypted. More information on cookies and their use can be found at www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
TYPES OF COOKIES
- SESSION COOKIES – these allow us to link your actions as a user of the website during a browser session. These cookies expire after the browser session ends.
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- ANALYTICAL/ PERFORMANCE COOKIES – they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We use anonymised Google Analytics for this.
- FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- TARGETING COOKIES – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
WHAT COOKIES ARE USED ON OUR WEBSITE?
We use session IDs on our Website. We have also integrated Social Media Plug-ins components of Facebook and Twitter on our website. Each individual page that you visit, where the social media plug-in is integrated, if you choose to share content, your personal information may be collected by, transmitted to and stored by the provider of that social media plug-in.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
We may periodically update the cookies we use and our Cookie Notice, and you should revisit this page to keep yourself informed.